“Bollywood movies are my life”-Sajid Khan
What utter bullshit. Sajid khan seems to be a nice person but he is indeed a horrible director. The only films that I enjoyed watching which was directed by him was “HouseFull” and “HeyyBaby”. Anyways coming towards my main point HumShakals is a comedy film directed by Sajid Khan and starring; Ritesh Deskmuhk, Saif Ali Khan, Bipasha Basu, Ram Kapoor, Esha Gupta and Tamannah Bhatia. The story plot goes something like this Ashok (Saif) and Kumar (Ritesh) are best friends, where as Shanaya (Tamannah) and Mishti (biphasa) are their love interests. Ashok’s father is a multi millionaire but is in a coma for the last six years, while his wicked Mamaji (Ram) teams up with an evil Doctor Dr. Khan to get rid of Ashok and take over all his property. During a board meeting Mamaji mixes a medicine in Ashok and Kumar’s drink and they both start behaving like dogs. They are taken to a mental asylum for treatment by Dr. Shivani (Esha) who soon realizes the truth and promises to discharge them. But fate takes a twist as two lookalikes of Ashok and Kumar being treated in the same hospital’s ‘B’ ward.
Alright lets start with the Pro’s
1) This movie had great songs. Espeically “caller tune” is quite catchy. Overall the compostion of the songs were done to a good standard but not a brilliant standard.
2)The three actress Bipasha, Esha and Tamannah looked beautiful and amazing. They were properly well styled and costumed.
3) Ritesh is the only person whom I found to be funny in this film. You can clearly tell how perfectly he fits into each character and makes the character amusing to watch.
5) You can clearly tell that Ram Kapoor put a lot of effort for his character in Humshakals. He kind of does play justice to his role however there is more potential within him of which we can expect.
Con’s- Now this list will go on for ages
1) Overall Humshakals is a confusing story. You lose interest in the film because you don’t understand which humshakal is ment to be who and there significance .
2) This is not a comedy film but a toture film . Sajid tries his best to make it a comedy film but it’s plain cliched and boring. He use different sub genres of comedy which he already used in his previous films. I mean watching the same thing again on screen and that to on two different movies is not a creative, stupid idea .
3)Saif Ali Khan you overact too much in this film. Comedy is not the right forte for you. i think you should just stick with directing, producing or acting in action films.
4) I don’t understand why Sajid can not keep his story plots nice and simple. Maybe he needs to stop being over addicted to bollywood movies and try to think logically. We as an audience enjoy comedy films but we hate the bakwas movies you make and how you try to make it funny. Heres a tip for you; why don’t you ask your audience or memebers of the public on how to properly direct a film .
5) The dance choreography was outrageous. It was silly, pathetic moves which had no meaning or feel
6) Nothing seemed orginal in this movie. Everything felt like it was copied, pasted from different hollywood and bollywood movies.
7) Overall i urge you to not waste your time and watch or buy this movie
From the LLSB Team we give Sajid Khan multi blockbuster movie Humshakals a 0.5/5